GOAL: Explore the release’s core concept(s) via blue-sky brainstorming.
DELIVERABLES: Organized ideas list divided up into key sections: CHARACTER, PLOT, THEME.
I/ The big bang
Write down all ideas that are coming to mind about:
- Critical events – potential major & minor plot points.
- Action set-pieces!
- Epic cinematic moments!
- Jaw-dropping character reveals!
- Unexpected twists!
II/ Look at your brainstorming ideas
- What Themes start to emerge?
- What Moral conflict starts to emerge?
- Explore and identify potential options for your different key moments in the story.
- What other types of characters exist in this world?
- Go through the brainstorming list and organize it based on large bucket concepts such as CHARACTER, PLOT, and THEME.
- Do not delete anything.